Some weeks homeschooling is just plain hard. Life is busy, even when you travel and have control over your calendar, sickness happens and homeschooling gets put on the back-burner. However, I have found using simple printables when I can’t muster the energy to do more, help keep my kids learning and moving forward.
Homeschooling while your sick isn’t easy, in fact, its down right tough. I’ve been on bed rest with my youngest, while trying to homeschool four children and many times we just did the bare minimum. But with three kids learning to read now, we must stay on top of their reading. That’s when these Sight Word Easy Readers come in handy. They are perfect for those days when sickness overtakes Mom or just as a way to keep reviewing sight words as their vocabulary grows.
If you have a struggling reader, this easy readers series will help kids go from single sight words to short sentences and eventually short paragraphs. The Primer series includes words children mastered in the Pre-Primer readers as well as new words from the Dolch Primer Sight Word list.
The Primer Volume 4 includes the 5 sight words – did, do, get, so & what – in 5 different books. Each reader has simple sentences using primer sight words coupled with a familiar picture for the non-sight word. These readers also include many of the Pre-Primer Sight Words for continued practice, so they can keep building their vocabulary and repeating to improve their reading skills.
Each book is a half-page style, so you can print and cut, then laminate them for longevity! The repetition of these easy readers will set them up for reading success as they gain the confidence they need to push forward and continue learning new words.
What is in each reader?
- Each reader contains multiple pages using the targeted sight word
- Each page also contains a well-known image, which is also used as the other word in the sentence (i.e. boat, house, etc.)
- Sentences are short, which makes readability easier
- Each reader in the series builds on the others, so previous sight words are repeated
To download this Primer Easy Reader Vol 4, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Why Study the History of Holidays: Christmas - November 17, 2017
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Readers - November 15, 2017
- Christmas Tree & Saint Nicholas Unit Study – Updated & Expanded - November 13, 2017