If you’re just joining our Sight Word Easy Readers series, be sure to grab the other volumes before getting today’s. So far these easy readers have been a huge success, which makes my heart so happy. I love creating new resources for my readers and knowing they are being used and loved. It makes the long hours that much more rewarding. I have had several requests for these in black and white, which I am working on, so stay tuned.
Over the course of the next few months, I will be sharing a new series of Sight Words Easy Readers each week. Each of the readers will have simple sentences with key sight words they are learning at their level coupled with a familiar picture for the non-sight word. These were the types of books my children did really well with, so I decided to create my own to use with our youngest daughter this year in Kindergarten as well as our oldest daughter as she works on improving her reading skills.
This week I am sharing 6 sight words in 6 books – here, away, big, little, down & up – but, there are also words included from the previous two weeks’ sets, so they can keep building their vocabulary and repeating to improve their reading skills.
Each book is a half-page style, so you can print and cut, then laminate them for longevity! The repetition of these easy readers will set them up for reading success as they gain the confidence they need to push forward and continue learning new words.
What is in each reader?
- Each reader contains multiple pages using the sight word
- Each page also contains a well-known image, which is also used as the other word in the sentence (i.e. boat, house, etc.)
- Sentences are short, which makes readability easier
- Each reader in the series builds on the others, so previous sight words are repeated
To download this Easy Reader Vol 5, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Why Study the History of Holidays: Christmas - November 17, 2017
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Readers - November 15, 2017
- Christmas Tree & Saint Nicholas Unit Study – Updated & Expanded - November 13, 2017