The past two weeks have been really long and busy for our family. Our oldest was playing football while we were in Ohio and came down wrong on his foot and snapped the bone on the outside. We had to travel back to Indiana and have been here with dropping temperatures for the last week. We have a couple more weeks until his orthopedic appointment, so we’re just hanging out and trying to keep warm.
Even though we’ve been hanging out in Indiana, we have been working with our two middle children on their reading. They have been using flashcards from our reading curriculum and then working through the easy readers I’ve created. Mister Mouse (8) is flying through them as fast as I can make them and they are pushing Miss Priss (7) to continue working hard.
If you have a struggling reader, this easy readers series will help kids go from single sight words to short sentences and eventually short paragraphs. The Primer series includes words children mastered in the Pre-Primer readers as well as new words from the Dolch Primer Sight Word list.
The Primer Volume 3 includes 5 sight words – am, be, have, out & there – in 5 different books. Each of the readers have simple sentences using primer sight words coupled with a familiar picture for the non-sight word. These readers also include many of the Pre-Primer Sight Words for continued practice, so they can keep building their vocabulary and repeating to improve their reading skills.
Each book is a half-page style, so you can print and cut, then laminate them for longevity! The repetition of these easy readers will set them up for reading success as they gain the confidence they need to push forward and continue learning new words.
What is in each reader?
- Each reader contains multiple pages using the targeted sight word
- Each page also contains a well-known image, which is also used as the other word in the sentence (i.e. boat, house, etc.)
- Sentences are short, which makes readability easier
- Each reader in the series builds on the others, so previous sight words are repeated
To download this Primer Easy Reader Vol 3, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Why Study the History of Holidays: Christmas - November 17, 2017
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Readers - November 15, 2017
- Christmas Tree & Saint Nicholas Unit Study – Updated & Expanded - November 13, 2017