It’s almost here! March Madness is just days away and I can’t wait! Even though “our team” isn’t in the running this year, I love watching basketball, especially during March Madness. I don’t participate in any bracket challenges, but I do like to fill out my own, just to see how I fare. Call me crazy, but I find it fun.
My little ones, however, are not as excited about basketball. So, I give them fun activities to do while the games are on, that bring us all together. These fun readers are a great way to practice sight words and learning to read short sentences while learning about basketball. These fun Emergent Readers are available only to my SUBSCRIBERS, so be sure to click the link and follow the directions to grab yours!! If you love these, don’t miss all my other Emergent Readers!!
Emergent Readers Include:
- Sight word(s) based on the picture
- Short sentences including the sight word(s)
- Sight word(s) is traceable in the sentence
- Fill-in-the-blank word(s)
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more great ideas.
If you’re looking for some great readers to use while learning about basketball, check out these great titles. Many are probably available at your local library, or you could get a Kindle version for most of them on Amazon. I love using my Kindle Reader app to read with my kids. I have so many titles at the tip of my fingers in just minutes!
The Everything Kids’ Basketball Book by Bob Schaller
The Boy Who Never Gave Up by Anthony Curcio
Salt in His Shoes: Micheal Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream by Delores Jordan
My Basketball Book by Gail Gibbons
My First Basketball Book by Sterling Children’s
J is for Jump Shot by Michael Ulmer
Little Shaq by Shaquille O’Neal
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Seuss Inspired Math Pack – Addition, Subtraction & Multiplication - February 16, 2018
- Dr Seuss Inspired Fun Handwriting Practice ~ Manuscript & Cursive - February 14, 2018
- 3 Ways to Make Valentine’s Day Romantic at Home with Young Kids - February 5, 2018