When I started thinking about a new printable for the new year, I racked my brain for days. Finally, I decided we needed a fun and simple music study to start off the new year! So I set out to find the perfect song and of course realized everyone needs to learn more about “Auld Lang Syne”. Many people sing it every New Year’s as the clock strikes midnight, but do they know what it means? Or even all the words?
As I did some research, what I found was interesting. I think your kids will love to learn about the history of the poems (or were there two?) and how the song become so popular to sing. The brief history, listening exercises combined with the notebooking pages and different translations for kids to read through make this a fun, yet simple mini music study and perfect for starting the new year!
Included in this Pack
- 19 total pages of activities
- 1 brief history of the song
- 1 page with listening exercises (including links)
- 3 pages of different translations
- 14 notebooking Pages
Don’t forget to follow our New Year’s board on Pinterest for more great ideas.
Download yours free today!
To download the Auld Lang Syne Mini Unit Study, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- 3 Ways Math Can Build Confidence in Children - May 21, 2018
- Printable Summer Reading List - May 18, 2018
- 3 Reasons Your Middle & High Schooler Needs their Own Planner - May 8, 2018