For a while now, I have wanted to create some fun printables to use with my emerging readers. They love to read books, but in the beginning I found they got frustrated by all the words they didn’t know, even in the early readers. So, I decided to create some that wouldn’t frustrate them.
Over the course of the next few months, I will be releasing a new series of Sight Words Easy Readers. These will have simple sentences with key sight words they are learning at their level coupled with a familiar picture for the other word. These were the types of books my children did really well with, so I wanted to replicate those with my own images.
This week I am sharing 6 sight words in 5 books – a, I, it/is, the and you.
I am loving this new series and I hope you do too. Each book is a half-page style, so you can print and cut, then laminate them for longevity! The repetition of these easy readers will set them up for reading success as they gain the confidence they need to push forward and continue learning new words.
What is in each reader?
- Each reader contains multiple pages using the sight word
- Each page also contains a well-known image, which is also used as the other word in the sentence (i.e. boat, house, etc.)
- Sentences are short, which makes readability easier
- Each reader in the series builds on the others, so previous sight words are repeated
To download this Easy Reader Set 1, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- When it Comes to Media, This is the BEST Filter You Can Get - June 21, 2018
- Helping Your Teen Start their Own Bible Study - June 20, 2018
- A Biblical Guide for Teens & their Attitudes - June 19, 2018